Re: SSH with CopSSH and Win 7 shows unusual Tunnel Behavior

OK, got it figured out. As I mentioned earlier, I had to hand open
Port 22, which is something CopSSH had done automatically previously.
Well it turns out that on the client machine I had to hand open Port
1081 to inbound and outbound also. I also had to make sure that I had
the 127.0.0.1, 1081 proxy specified ONLY under the Socks 5 option in
Firefox. Once I had that done, everything started working again.

I think where Dag-Erling was getting confused is that OpenSSH has a
built-in Socks 5 proxy, and so he was thinking I was asking why just
setting up an SSH client and server wouldn't work as a proxy - which
indeed would NOT be enough.

FWIW...

  • Re: Transparent proxy failing
    ... machine A as the gateway on the network, and A takes requests to port ... The squid machine, A, doesn't handle HTTPS blocking. ... up a website, it goes right to the website, no filtering. ... IE on the client to specifically use the proxy setting of B's ip ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: SSH Tunneling, view web site as though I am in the USA
    ... $ ssh -D 1080 me@us_server ... And then set your local web browser to proxy using socks 4 to server ... HTTP Proxy: localhost Port: 1080 ... Not http proxy, SOCKS 4 proxy. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Fehlercode 502
    ... Wenn ich den Proxy umgehe, ... In der ISA Server Hilfe habe ich leider keine Infos gefunden, ... Gruß Detlef ... >> Port 8443). ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)
  • Re: Webproxy Konfiguration auf einem ISA 2006 Standard
    ... dann ist der Client noch SecureNAT Client?! ... Dann geht es auch ohne Proxy ... Hierbei habe ich die einzelne IP als Quelle angegeben und den ISA ... Freigegeben sind Port 80/443/8080. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)
  • Re: Anyone using squid and pf?
    ... then redirect to 8021. ... If you want it to go to your squid proxy, then send it to port 8080 on $proxy. ... # 4/ access rule to allow traffic from the local net to your FTP proxy ...
    (freebsd-questions)