SSH with CopSSH and Win 7 shows unusual Tunnel Behavior

Per the subject, I was setting up CopSSH under Win 7 for the first
time, and it installed fine. I then went to connect from another
machine using Putty, and was getting timeouts. Went into Windows
Firewall and setup an inbound rule and an outbound rule to open Port
22 (evidently that no longer happens automatically), and Putty then
connected appropriately.

I then setup the Tunnel option using Dynamic 1081, and set Firefox to
use that as it's proxy. I can tell Firefox is using it properly
because if it's not up and running I get the message about the Proxy
Server being offline. However, when it IS using it, I can see that the
DNS is being resolved (i.e. I can navigate), but the pages always come
up blank.

Any ideas?

  • Route traffic on a gateway through SSH tunnel
    ... for my personal home setup. ... which connects to our DSL network with ... I've enabled NAT, and am using IPFW as the packet filter. ... route all 80/443 traffic from my home connection, through the proxy. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Filtering SPAM with Linux
    ... You need to setup a mail server on your proxy box which will collect ... all incoming mail at port 25 and then apply SPAM filter there. ... setup procedure and you can follow some nice websites/papers on this setup. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: March 29, 2006 total eclipse - IT admins WORST NIGHTMARE
    ... > Proxy lists used to list a lot of open Bess proxies. ... During the Supreme Court nomination hearings ... but you would never get past my setup based on ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT: BBC iPlayer
    ... I spend a fair amount of time abroad - and my home Mac Mini is set up as a proxy server. ... From the client side I run an excellent little program called SSH Tunnel Manager from http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/stm/, and I use Firefox as my browser. ... It is also quite easy to setup using Safari and the built in socks proxy setup in Leopard. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Multi homed proxy server
    ... On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 14:13 +0300, Kevin Plew wrote: ... My setup is as follows: ... > addresses to the different networks. ... > I have to separate instances on the proxy client running- 1 each attached ...
    (Fedora)