Re: How to authenticate many users with the same public key.

Hi Thorvald,

It's not impossible per se. You could give your colleagues the same set of keys, both public and private. I wouldn't recommend it though, why not give everyone his own key and install their public key on all servers? You can distribute and maintain those public keys quite easily with rsync.

If you want to get rid of maintaing accounts and public keys on all your servers, I can recommend Active Directory / Kerberos. Configure your server to use Kerberos and maintain your accounts only there. It does take a bit of work to set it up, but as soon as it works, you have onle one place to do your account (and key) maintenance.

Kind regards,

Hans

Thorvald wrote:
Hi everybody.

I would like to ask you about one thing. My company owns almost 100
servers. I would like to implement key authentication for all
administrators (3 people). The problem is when I have generated public
key, it works only for my PC. I would like to have a one key for
everybody. Is this possible ? I know it should be because I did it
once, but I don't remember now how and what have I missed this
time :/.

Can anyone show me good direction ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
TH

  • Decommisioning Servers
    ... I'm about to decommission two servers, would you recommend I remove them ... from the domain to remove their accounts from AD, or is there a best way to ...
  • number 2
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • From Tracker....
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • From Tracker....
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • From Tracker....
    ... Remember, we're talking about Windows Platforms 95,98 ... provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. ... Wrong IP no news. ... We aren't talking about News Servers here (at the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)