PuTTY works fine, plink says "Host does not exist"

PuTTY works just fine on my laptop (Win XP, PuTTY 0.60), but plink
always returns:

C:\>plink myhost
Unable to open connection:
Host does not exist
C:\>

I can ping the host just fine and SSH to it with PuTTY:

C:\>ping myhost

Pinging myhost.mydom.dom [10.10.2.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 10.10.2.18: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=254
Reply from 10.10.2.18: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=254
Reply from 10.10.2.18: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=254
Reply from 10.10.2.18: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=254

Ping statistics for 10.10.2.18:

C:\>

Any ideas why this me happening?

Thanks,
Mark

  • Re: PuTTY works fine, plink says "Host does not exist"
    ... I can ping the host just fine and SSH to it with PuTTY: ... My first thought here is to ask if you've got a PuTTY saved session ... with the name 'myhost'. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh2
    ... That's why putty can't detect that there's a problem, because it doesn't have the *correct* values, and so doesn't know that there is now an incorrect host key machine at the end of the socket. ... The worrying thing is that since the sshd now asks for ssh2 protocol only, there is a new sshd operating, one you didn't install, and one which may be copying keystroke data (login names and passwords) to some unauthorized other site. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ssh2
    ... That's why putty can't detect that there's a problem, because it doesn't have the *correct* values, and so doesn't know that there is now an incorrect host key machine at the end of the socket. ... The worrying thing is that since the sshd now asks for ssh2 protocol only, there is a new sshd operating, one you didn't install, and one which may be copying keystroke data to some unauthorized other site. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: PuTTY X11 forwarding and not using localhost
    ... I'm using X11 forwarding in PuTTY and by default it binds the port ... Citrix environment and applications are not allowed to use localhost)? ... you have to leave the X server open to accept the ... any X program they wish from their own host. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: moodss and putty problem
    ... moodss is running on a win2k host, the remote host is linux ... > Now this is in the putty user's manual, ... > remote side prompts me for a password. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)