Re: Looking for an SSH Library for a Windows (client)

On Sep 5, 9:10 am, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 5, 1:42 am, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sep 4, 9:37 pm, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking for an SSH library for Windows.

I need to embed remote commands in a Windows client program written in
C/C++. Such commands will be executed by a Linux server.

Ideally, the library should be ready to be used in MS Visual Studio.

Does OpenSSH for Windows include a library/SDK?

TIA,

-Ramon

Why not simply use the command suite from Putty, rather than
maintaining your own library based utilities?

Hi Nico!

I need to embed some SSH commands inside an Adobe Acrobat plugin,
which is a Windows DLL.

Can I do that with Putty?

Thx,

-Ramon

ps: You used to work at Harvard when I worked at MIT. Quite a bit of
water has passed by the Charles River since. :-)

Oh, my. Yes, it has. When I started at MIT as a student, there was a
lot more river than there was water in it, too, I spent a nasty
afternoon in it once. But I was both MIT and Harvard staff through the
research laboratory.

In any case, hmm. If you need actual SSH command strings determined at
run-time, I've not tried to do that and have not explored the command-
line options for Putty itself. But the Suite includes 'Plink' for
tunneling protocols, and if the commands are pre-determined then it
might be possible to use authorized_keys to fire the particular
command using a particular key, even a non-passphrase-protected key
for a safe enough command. I'll admit I've not tried this trick.

I was faced with trying to do just that sort of thing in an antique
Windows, Visual-Basic based application last year, but the lack of
compilable source code and complete ignorance of Visual Basic defeated
me.

I assume that Cygwin based SSH commands are out of the queston? That
provides the full scripting and command line management of an ordinary
OpenSSH client, although it takes some extra setup to install and your
clients might not be thrilled with needing CygWin to run a Windows
app. In fact...... Hmm. Subversion for Windows has "svn+ssh" support.
That might be a good source of techniques to tunnel an SSH command
through a Windows application.

  • RE: re-setting boot partition
    ... Description of the Windows 2000 Recovery Console ... For a Microsoft Windows XP version of this article, ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • RE: Win2000 Upgrade to SP3 Express Setup error.
    ... Start your computer with the Windows Setup floppy disks, ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ... you cannot copy a file from the local hard disk to a floppy disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 109, Issue 9
    ... You got a blinking command prompt. ... Prior to Mac and Windows, ... gnome3, yet another negative feedback ... DE developers, you have my support. ...
    (GNOME)
  • >>>> NET SEND <<<<
    ... Windows Xp Net Send ... Net Send Command For Mac ... Net Send Syntax Dos ... Dos Net Send Commands ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • RE: Locating corrupt driver
    ... This article describes the functionality and limitations of the Windows ... Create and format partitions on drives. ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)