SSH_FXP_STATUS messages block for an inordinate amount of time
- From: yawnmoth <terra1024@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
When I upload via SFTP with FlashFXP or Mindterm's FTP<->SFTP wrapper,
I'm able to get upload / downloads speeds of around 500kbps. When I
try it with my own SFTP implementation, however, my upload speed is
cut in half. My question is why? When I upload, I send one
SSH_FXP_WRITE message of packet size (16384) size and wait for the
SSH_FXP_STATUS message back. For a 1mb file, that's 64 SSH_FXP_STATUS
responses. Problem is, a lot of these SSH_FXP_STATUS messages block
for a tenth of a second if not more. By itself, a tenth of a second
isn't a whole lot, but they add up fast. Indeed, the twenty-two most
time consuming messages to either send or receive are these
SSH_FXP_STATUS messages and in all, these twenty-two messages are
costing me 2.89 seconds. For a 1mb file, 2.89 seconds is a lot.
Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
- Prev by Date: Re: PuTTY dies with sshd_config directive "Match" - anybody else?
- Next by Date: Re: Want to live in Canada?
- Previous by thread: Mapping PuTTy settings to OS X Terminal command
- Next by thread: Re: Want to live in Canada?