password less login not working

I have generated the keys, copied them to authorized_keys,
authorized_keys2(I use openssh; so just to be sure), copied
authorized_keys to remote machine and chaged the permissions
accordingly.
chmod -R 0755 .ssh
chmod 0644 .ssh/authorized_keys

I have my private keys here on the local machine. Still the password
less login isn't working. Here is a small dump of "ssh -vvv remote".

debug3: authmethod_is_enabled
publickey
debug1: Next authentication method:
publickey
debug1: Offering public key: /home/rahulkmr/.ssh/
id_rsa
debug3:
send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for
reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,hostbased
debug1: Offering public key: /home/rahulkmr/.ssh/
id_dsa
debug3:
send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for
reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,hostbased
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable
method
debug3: authmethod_lookup
password
debug3: remaining
preferred: ,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled
password
debug1: Next authentication method: password

Can anyone help me with why the password less login isn't working.

  • Re: ssh cannot login
    ... debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ... debug3: mm_request_send entering: type 48 ... debug3: mm_request_receive_expect entering: type 49 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • question about keys
    ... debug2: bits set: 1599/3191 ... debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: match line 1 ... debug1: Host 'serverXXX' is known and matches the RSA host key. ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sun ssh without a password again
    ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... debug3: key_read: no key found ... debug2: we sent a publickey packet, ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • sun ssh without a password again
    ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... debug3: key_read: no key found ... debug2: we sent a publickey packet, ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Authentication with SSH using public keys
    ... debug1: Next authentication method: publickey ... we sent a publickey packet, ... debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive ... ~/.ssh should be 700 for security reasons. ...
    (freebsd-questions)