Re: Bypass known_hosts file

On May 6, 12:26 pm, "Zfs.." <cian.scrip...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks,

I have a four node cluster running Solaris zones

In this setup I need have a user that will be logging into a global IP
from a zone which at any time can be on any node within the cluster.

I have set up the initial authorized_key file to allow the user to ssh
to the global IP and it logs in no problem.

The problem is when the global IP resides on a different node within
the cluster.

I get the "MAN IN THE MIDDLE ATTACK" message because the known_host
contains a different string.

My question so is there a way to bypass the known_hosts file and tell
ssh to just look to see if the authorized_key is there and if so long
in without a password.

Am I way off the mark here ?

Cheers for any replies.

TIA

-q option does the trick.

Thanks for all the help guys..

<sarcasm>

:-)

  • Bypass known_hosts file
    ... I have a four node cluster running Solaris zones ... In this setup I need have a user that will be logging into a global IP ... from a zone which at any time can be on any node within the cluster. ... I have set up the initial authorized_key file to allow the user to ssh ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Bypass known_hosts file
    ... I have a four node cluster running Solaris zones ... from a zone which at any time can be on any node within the cluster. ... I have set up the initial authorized_key file to allow the user to ssh ... There would not be the danger of a man in the middle attack. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Bypass known_hosts file
    ... I have a four node cluster running Solaris zones ... In this setup I need have a user that will be logging into a global IP ... from a zone which at any time can be on any node within the cluster. ... I have set up the initial authorized_key file to allow the user to ssh ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Question on SSH configuration in a cluster environment.
    ... >> current node, onto the secondary node. ... Because now it is impossible for SSH to tell the difference between these ... In other words, when someone does "ssh cluster," they ... he's actually logging into that box. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Question on SSH configuration in a cluster environment.
    ... >> current node, onto the secondary node. ... Because now it is impossible for SSH to tell the difference between these ... In other words, when someone does "ssh cluster," they ... he's actually logging into that box. ...
    (comp.security.unix)