Re: putty character set negotiation

<derek_111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ok, so is there anyway to tell putty to use cp437 automatically?

Regrettably not; the escape sequences in question were designed by
people who either didn't know or didn't care about CP437. (I suspect
the former; I can't remember offhand, but I expect they predate the
widespread use of CP437.)
--
Simon Tatham "Imagine what the world would be like if
<anakin@xxxxxxxxx> there were no hypothetical situations..."

  • Re: Proofreading and musical performance - wuz: OT Fair and Balanced News
    ... I suspect that you proofread the reviews you write for opera cyber- ... publications with some care. ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Skype will be open sourced
    ... Reality is you have to be a prick for the government to care ... would nobody would care, but nobody in the government would take ... be investigated if you were a suspect, ... is with encryption. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Pirates 2: biggest single-day ever
    ... With these numbers I suspect the studio won't care that much whether ... people like the movie or not. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: orkplace follies
    ... He got the straight dope from a FOAF, or perhaps from a FOAFOAF, ... I suspect that he knew that no matter how many digits he gave, ... We don't have to care, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)