Re: problem with Redhat ES 3 update 4 and OpenSSH_5.0p1

On 8 Ott, 16:56, fitzsimmons <puerc...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, i'm in trouble and i need some help.
I have to update openssh on some Redhat servers and i'm installing
openssh_5.0p1 from source. On Redhat 4 the process work fine and keep
our old configuration. On Redhat 3 the update process works, the
application looks works, but is impossible login with local or domain
users (domain users login trough Vintela software).

With "update process" i mean:
- untar the source
- cd in dir
- ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh (i try also --
without-zlib-version-check and --without-shadows)
- make
- make install
- restart ssh service

I have no ideas for solve this problem and at the moment it's not
possible connect via ssh on that server, but i can connect from that
server to other with ssh.

Anybody can PLEASE help me? it's really important!

thank you in advance
Luca

SOLVED WITH THIS OPTION WHILE COMPILING

tar xzvf openssh-5.0p1.tar.gz
../configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-pam [--without-
zlib-version-check se da errore relativo a zlib]
make
make install

edit /etc/ssh/sshd.conf
ADD UsePAM yes

bye
Luca

  • Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 84, Issue 5
    ... I am well aware that this mailing list is purely for REDHAT, ... Re: RHEL4 Sun Java Messaging Server deadlock (was: ... Issue with SSH ... How to add a perl script as a system startup daemon in redhat ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: exim server is dead in the water
    ... then the rpm IS NOT FOR YOUR DISTRO. ... There is an apt for redhat, but one thing I found out, the apt only works on ... server stuff and going back to what I know, ... Install Debian on one box, use as email server and db server. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: RedHat Enterprise 5.0
    ... DESKTOP of RedHat, as the server simply hosts D3 and my application. ... these servers apart from install Linux, install all software updates, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 84, Issue 5
    ... Re: RHEL4 Sun Java Messaging Server deadlock (was: ... Issue with SSH ... How to add a perl script as a system startup daemon in redhat ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Issues with web/ADSL installation
    ... with an Apache server installed. ... Get on the security mailinglists for RedHat and Apache now if you have ... Install and use the "up2date" feature of RedHat ... > Do you know of any specific issues related to DSL connection that ...
    (Security-Basics)