Re: Protocol 2,1 does not work for /etc/ssh/sshd_config

wong_powah@xxxxxxxx schrieb:
This does not work (client cannot ssh) even though the man page
specify this:
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
Protocol 2,1

This work (client can ssh) :
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
Protocol 1
Protocol 2

Why?
I do "service sshd restart" for both configuration.
sshd version is OpenSSH_3.5p1 on FC6 computer.

what does Protocol 1,2 do?
we have serveral boxes which seems to have problems in the protocol handling in the transition from 2 to 1.

I am not shure if your second config yust end by only 1 or 2.
What says a ssh -v -v -v server, does it try both protocols?

W.

  • Re: Securing SSH
    ... guillermo. ... The configuration I have simply rate limits attempts. ... I'm looking to tighten up my ssh configuration. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Problems with passwordless ssh/scp (W2K client , Solaris 8 se rver).
    ... > configuration for the ssh client and server. ... > # This is the ssh client system-wide configuration file. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Securing SSH
    ... Provides auto blacklisting of hosts and users responsible for repeated failed authentication attempts. ... Generally configured so that blacklisted users still see normal login prompts but are guaranteed to fail to authenticate. ... I'm looking to tighten up my ssh configuration. ...
    (Fedora)
  • SOLVED, was: cannot reach F16 box via ssh
    ... block incoming ssh connections. ... the configuration WAS working until 2 hours before we replaced the ... the same box was running Ubuntu and I could log in via ssh ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Remote control
    ... I never stated popcorn is produced by bullshit. ... Bullshit as suffix of the ssh command means that "I find the current ... configuration of vnc/rdp suck in advanced configuration (and I ...
    (SuSE)