Re: sftp and directory group writable

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:39:18 -0400, Jason wrote:

We have a server that has a client connecting to using sftp to get a
file that is put there by the mainframe. The client has requested that
the group write permission be removed from the directory they connect to
for security reasons, I understand this, doing this however requires
that changes be made on the mainframe which the mainframe folks are
hesistant to do. Or making changes on the server which I'm
hesistant to do as it's only this client that is using sftp.

Am I correct in my understanding that sftp will work with the group
writable bit set on the directory? The only people in the group that
they are concerned about is them and the mainframe account.

Jason

No, it is only extensible in the later stages.
--
____________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com

  • Re: Telnet vs. STREML3270
    ... I don't believe the mainframe based Telnet ... Device-type names are NVT ASCII strings, ... transmits the DEVICE-TYPE SEND command to the client. ... ability to support the more advanced functions of the 3270 data ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: Telnet vs. STREML3270
    ... We think there is a bug in either the AS/400 Telnet Client ... The mainframe guys said this is a logmode for a very stupid ... the OS/400 TN3270 client connection would need to support extended ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: sftp and directory group writable
    ... file that is put there by the mainframe. ... hesistant to do as it's only this client that is using sftp. ... Am I correct in my understanding that sftp will work with the group ... If you're using SSH publickey authentication, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: Looking for binary to character translation utility
    ... no e-mail on remote desktop. ... No FTP on client mainframe, or rather, no FTP between the client mainframe ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: sftp and directory group writable
    ... file that is put there by the mainframe. ... hesistant to do as it's only this client that is using sftp. ... Am I correct in my understanding that sftp will work with the group ... Alric Knebel ...
    (comp.security.ssh)