strange firefox behavior with X tunneling via ssh

If I'm on system a as user a and I ssh (using X tunneling via ssh -XC)
into system b as user b and run firefox as user b so that firefox
is displayed on system a over X, then if I run firefox on system a as
user a (from the gui) firefox starts with user b's bookmarks and other
contextual info (cookies, etc.)!

Why is this happening?
--
% Randy Yates % "She tells me that she likes me very much,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % but when I try to touch, she makes it

  • Re: Remote login, graphically?
    ... I can already login via SSH and fix things with a text editor. ... Now, I'd like to start several X programs on her machine, but have the user interface on my machine. ... However, when I start "firefox", I get the following error after some time waiting: ... The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: x forwarding over SSH
    ... I notice that on Windows, Firefox lingers for a few moments after the ... some applications, even when I closed the application itself, the SSH ... then I close the xclock app, the ssh session exits. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Remote login, graphically?
    ... I have installed Ubuntu on my mother's machine. ... I have tunneled X through SSH with: ... "firefox", I get the following error after some time waiting: ... The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Partial SNAFUs - X11Forwarding etc.
    ... consolecommand "ssh -XY username@P2" ... consolecommand "ssh -XY username@P2 firefox" ... If its just to stop clients messing around with each other's stuff, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: HTTP =?iso-8859-1?Q?=FCber?= SSH tunneln
    ... das HTTP-Protokoll über SSH tunneln. ... kann man auf dem lokalen Rechner einen SOCKS-Proxy anbieten. ... Firefox hat meines Wissens auch irgendwo eine Option das ebenfalls über ... Ob Putty ebenfalls diese Option hat kann ich dir leider nicht sagen. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)