Putty/Plink tunnel as a windows service?

I'm running the synergy keyboard/mouse server on a linux workstation
and accessing it from a windows box using a putty/plink based SSH
tunnel for the connection. This works great except that I don't know
how to get the tunnel started so it'll be running in time to use the
shared keyboard for the windows login screen.

It looks like the best way to do this would be to install the tunnel
as a Windows Service, but I can't seem to get the configuration right,
or PuTTY isn't able to run that way.

Is it possible to do this or should I instead look at setting up
stunnel (which does reportedly work as a service).

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - alanh@xxxxxxx - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

  • VPN server over windows XP
    ... I am trying to setup a windows xp machine as a vpn server that accepts ... multiple ipsec tunnels from other windows xp machines. ... The first problem I faced is that windows xp does not support ipsec tunnel ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Juniper Netscreen-SA 1000/neotetis SSL web -terminal and linux klients
    ... >>No, not Windows only. ... >>base OS is Linux... ... I think the client that's used is installed ... Services on the other side through that tunnel. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: RRAS 2003 can create Tunnels?
    ... Now my i want to connect my site to a remote site passing through two ... The gave me an IP 10.0.0.1,and they want me to create a tunnel with ... why would you want to waste a Windows machine to do such a thing ... Let a Windows server be a Windows server to ...
  • Re: Establish external trust over a NAT device
    ... successfully shared a PPTP client connection which allows the whole side ... would be really interested in how to set this up using a Windows RRAS server ... to set up an IPSec tunnel between networks, ... be possible if the NAT device also replaces the NETBios owner IP ...
  • Re: Cant map drives over multi-homed network (VPN)
    ... it was the damn Windows XP SP-2 firewall! ... >>I've also tried to enter the IP addresses of the remote servers ... The ping should indicate that the tunnel is passing ... > Change the local drive letter to an unused drive letter on the local ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)