Re: cannot start sshd on cygwin- win xp

jameshanley39@xxxxxxxxxxx <jameshanley39@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
how do I invoke it as a service using -D ?

$ cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -D
cygrunsrv: unknown option -- D

This should normally be set up by the ssh-host-config script. Are you
using that? Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. You should use that
initially on the machine for configuring sshd.

Remove your current service and run that again....

Or, you can see from the script that one possibility for setting it up is

if cygrunsrv -I sshd -d "CYGWIN sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a -D -e "CYGWIN=${_cygwin}" -y tcpip

There the -a specifies arguments to pass to the binary (which in this
case is the '-D' immediately following).

--
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx