Re: SSH Tunnelling Proxy Question
- From: DaveJ <davej2000@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:09:07 -0000
On Sep 24, 4:33 am, "Richard E. Silverman" <r...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
"DJ" == DaveJ <davej2...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
DJ> Hi, I'm fairly new to some networking concepts, so I hope this is
DJ> a reasonably straight forward question.
DJ> There are some resouces I want to access in work, from home.
DJ> Things like code repositories (cvs). In work I can access the
DJ> remote repository from my machine "bothin" which is on the same
DJ> internal network.
>> From home I cant access bothin directly, instead I have to ssh to a
DJ> machine called "frontdoor". Once I ssh to frontdoor I can then
DJ> ssh onto Bothin.
DJ> What I would like to do from my home machine is proxy all requests
DJ> for specific ports like 2401 (cvs port) through Bothin. This way
DJ> I can access the internal cvs server at work, and check out code
DJ> onto my home machine.
If the CVS server is reachable from frontdoor, you may not need to involve
bothin at all. Try:
ssh -vL 1234:cvs_server:2401 frontdoor
... and point your CVS client at localhost:1234.
DJ> Can anyone give me suggestions of how to set this up? BTW all
DJ> these machines are running Solaris 10.
Thanks - I will give that a go when I get home.
- Prev by Date: Re: Delay between failed login attempts? (OpenSSH)
- Next by Date: Re: my computer -> home computer -> work server via ssh
- Previous by thread: Re: SSH Tunnelling Proxy Question
- Next by thread: my computer -> home computer -> work server via ssh