Re: where to upload public ssh key
- From: ddunham@xxxxxxxx (Darren Dunham)
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:22:03 GMT
chris <olsen.chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have created the .ssh folder on the server in home/my_name/ and have
created a nice long passphrase. I am able to login using the
passphrase, but I am still able to login with the account password. I
can not imagine this is good thing seeing as the normal account
password is much much shorter than the passphrase.
I would think that I am missing something here, but none of the books
that I have skimmed through mention anything about this.
You can set the valid authentication mechanisms in the server's
configuration file (sshd_config). The default has both password and
private key authentication enabled, but you can disable them.
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx
Senior Technical Consultant TAOS http://www.taos.com/
Got some Dr Pepper? San Francisco, CA bay area
< This line left intentionally blank to confuse you. >
- Prev by Date: Re: where to upload public ssh key
- Next by Date: Re: where to upload public ssh key
- Previous by thread: Re: where to upload public ssh key
- Next by thread: Re: where to upload public ssh key