Re: ssh and forced password changes

On 2007-08-23, bll991@xxxxxxxxx <bll991@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a wrapper on my password that prints out directions to my
users. This works with everything other than ssh. When using ssh the
directions do not print out, and the user is dropped right into the
passwd command. What am I doing wrong?

Which SSH implementation and version are you using?

Also, are you using PAM? If so, the SSH daemon will probably use the
pam_chauthtok() function (OpenSSH does, not sure about others). In
that case your wrapper is never invoked, but you can get a similar
effect by adding something like pam_echo to the "password" stack that
sshd uses.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.