Re: SSH and Client Lease Time?

Ron Hardin <rhhardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Apparently, a router client lease time expiring disrupts a SSH connection.
True or false?

Well if it actually *expires*, then I'd imagine that means that the
lease could not be renewed, otherwise the client would have done so

That suggests that the original IP address was no longer valid and was
released by the client. If the SSH connection was using that IP
address, then yes the connection (or any other using it) would have been

Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx
Senior Technical Consultant TAOS

  • Re: dhclient in 6.0
    ... Not really, no, except when DHCP options appear to turn off IPv4LL, or ... I think it's pretty obvious you have a rogue client ... if there was a prior lease matching the ... Ironically, ISC DHCP was built from this mindset, from what I read. ...
  • Re: dhcp client test case
    ... >> With the way DHCP works, the client will begin trying to renew its ... I believe up until 87.5% of the lease ... >> is expired the client will try to renew the lease from the server ... I recently saw one network, ...
  • Re: dhclient in 6.0
    ... if no lease can be obtained. ... I think it's pretty obvious you have a rogue client ... machine in the DHCP dynamic pool range for whatever reasons... ... currently exist any unbounded buffer utilizations. ...
  • Re: [9fans] QTCTL?
    ... And the ones with better latencies can afford not caching:) ... Anytime you are running a file from a server, ... wait for an acknowledgement from the client. ... Tlease says, ok start my lease now ...
  • Re: Two DHCP setup in mix windows 2003 network.
    ... and DHCP server... ... lease of 7 days does not mean the client will hold to that IP address ... client in DHCP database. ...