Re: Using putty to debug ssh through a firewall

On Aug 20, 1:32 am, NightStrike <nightstr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 18, 9:46 am, Jacob Nevins <jac...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

NightStrike <nightstr...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I currently use ssh to access things outside of a firewall.
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

And it just hangs there until the connection times out. Any ideas on
what might be causing a hang at that stage?

KEXINIT messages can be quite large. Guess: could it be

It's possible, but I don't think so. I will post tomorrow similar
information but where I force SSH v1 protocol. There will be a
similar hanging point. What would be a good tool to use to see if a
KEXINIT message is in fact being transmitted, however slowly?

Here is the output of a version 1 attempt:

$ ssh -1 -vvv -p 23 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
OpenSSH_4.6p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] port 23.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/User/.ssh/
type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version
debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.6 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_4.6
debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Waiting for server public key.

And then it just hangs like always...

Relevant Pages