Re: Using putty to debug ssh through a firewall

"NS" == NightStrike <nightstrike@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

NS> On Aug 18, 9:46 am, Jacob Nevins <jac...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
NS> wrote:
>> NightStrike <nightstr...@xxxxxxxxx> writes: >I currently use ssh to
>> access things outside of a firewall. [...] >debug1:
>> SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
>>
>> >And it just hangs there until the connection times out. Any ideas
>> on >what might be causing a hang at that stage?
>>
>> KEXINIT messages can be quite large. Guess: could it be
>> <http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html>?

NS> It's possible, but I don't think so. I will post tomorrow similar
NS> information but where I force SSH v1 protocol. There will be a
NS> similar hanging point. What would be a good tool to use to see if
NS> a KEXINIT message is in fact being transmitted, however slowly?

Wireshark will show you this, as that portion of the protocol is not yet
encrypted.

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

  • RE: ftp hangs; works fine when I go through VPN
    ... "DocZ" wrote: ... > protocol. ... > Now it hangs the program. ... > what's causing this? ...
  • Re: Using putty to debug ssh through a firewall
    ... And it just hangs there until the connection times out. ... what might be causing a hang at that stage? ... KEXINIT messages can be quite large. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: send and recv()hang even after set to nonblock.
    ... e many times only the "BEFORE" then system get hangs message ... there is one while loop as bellow ... (A message protocol won't work ... Response message will give the information with total number of bytes ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Fedora hangs driving me nuts, in Windows it works without problems!
    ... This is a company PC so IT installed Windows 7, but I don't use it, ... tried leaving multiple apps doing something, still hangs. ... How can I troubleshoot what is causing hangs of my machine? ... Although I fixed the problem before installing the lm_sensors package I would recommend installing it and checking your CPU temps. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Problems with 5.1B PK4 causing machine to hang
    ... environment from PK3 to PK4. ... built that was causing the problem (the same code build successfully on PK2 ... I also do not think it's the same process each time that hangs it ... mgmt software is Clearcase, ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)