Re: Using putty to debug ssh through a firewall

On Aug 18, 9:46 am, Jacob Nevins <jac...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
NightStrike <nightstr...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I currently use ssh to access things outside of a firewall.
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

And it just hangs there until the connection times out. Any ideas on
what might be causing a hang at that stage?

KEXINIT messages can be quite large. Guess: could it be

It's possible, but I don't think so. I will post tomorrow similar
information but where I force SSH v1 protocol. There will be a
similar hanging point. What would be a good tool to use to see if a
KEXINIT message is in fact being transmitted, however slowly?