Re: Telnet into SSH port.

I have moved my SSHd to one of the dynamic ports (Ports 49152 to
65535?).
So I guess some plaintext strings are necessary for the SSH protocol
to function.
That's alright though since the rest of the protocol (ver. 2) is
extremely safe thanks
to public-key authentication and diffie-hellman exchange.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

  • Re: pkill oddity
    ... :>Footnote: I am considering a change to running sshd via inetd.conf ... internal server key during its initialization phase, ... the SSH protocol uses Diffie-Helman rather than an "ephemeral" ... inetd. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: ssh_exchange_identification
    ... sshd is closing the connection when your client tries to get the sshd banner (ssh protocol version, ... If it is there, you might want to add sshd: somehost, somehost in /etc/hosts.allow ... If the server is from SSH Communications, this is configured in the sshd_config file. ...
    (Security-Basics)