Re: Putty -- unable to use Sub-Domain?

On Aug 6, 2:48 am, Unruh <unruh-s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Skylive! <skyfire...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi all,
I am new here, and it really is because of a small problem (might be
a bug?). When I tried connecting to my SSH server at home, I was
unable to do so. Allow me to explain:
My server is running on a Sub-Domain (xxxxx.hopto.org).

Is xxxx.hopto.org a valid routable iP or is it a private ip ( 192.168.x.x
or 10.x.x.x) which cannot be routed.

When I tried using Putty to connect to it, Putty only connects to the
main domain which is hopto.org and I still can't find a way to make it
connect to my sub-domain. Currently, I am able to connect to it by
using my server's WAN IP. Could someone please help me out in this?

Then use the wan ip. You do not have dns properly configured.

P.S Please let me know if I am in the wrong Usenet group as I
understand that there are 2.
Thanks!

Hi!
hopto.org is the a domain from no-ip.com ( A domain provider)
I am using a sub-domain (xxxx.hopto.org)

If I type it into my browser, it displays my webpage, served from my
server, but for putty, it tries to connect to the domain, instead of
my sub-domain... I was wondering if there was a work around.

Thanks!

  • Re: 1 DC - 2 Domains (Is it possible)
    ... I need to add a sub-domain to our corp domain. ... create a sub-domain that uses the same domain controller that I use for my ... I'm using Windows 2003 Server. ... I would suggest having 1 domain, the prod domain with sites for SF, ...
  • Re: Request Info & Help on Hosting
    ... > sub-domain you wish to host. ... > virtual server and define its DNS. ... Bob: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Delegate permissions for SMS/RIS server in Sub-domain
    ... I have a Windows 2003 Server Forest with a root and sub-domain. ... server is in the root domain and RIS is installed on the SMS server. ... When I try to use RIS to deploy the workstations I get an error during the ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)
  • Re: Moving site to new host + changing domain name; concerned about losing ranking. Help! TIA
    ... but it now becomes a sub-domain of another ... ask the host to change the domain name of my root directory at the ... server to the old domain name. ... it's Borek too! ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Putty -- unable to use Sub-Domain?
    ... My server is running on a Sub-Domain. ... I don't know how hopto.org works, but I use PuTTY with subdomains without any problem. ... You need to check and see what IP address your DNS server is giving you for your subdomain; use nslookup or some such tool. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)