Re: The meaning of the SSH-2 window adjust packet

H.K. Kingston-Smith <HKK-S@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am confused about the meaning of the SSH-2 window adjust
packet, as described in section 5.2 of RFC 4254. If the number of bytes
to add included in this packet is N, and the current window size is W,
what is the window size after receiving this packet? N + W? N? Something
else?

N+W. Note `bytes _to add_', and `the recipient MAY send the given
number of bytes _more than it was previously allowed to send_' (my
emphasis).
--
Simon Tatham "My heart bleeds.
<anakin@xxxxxxxxx> (That's how it works.)" -- Gareth Taylor

  • Re: OT: clouds, Oracle, Microsoft, and other stuff
    ... A retransmission can hold more or less data than the original ... Eventually, sender resends packet 2, at which point, the recipient can ... No ack comes back. ... how full the window is at any point of time. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Creating a simple windows messaging app
    ... a broker app that receives packets from a canbus and pushes them out to ... each application thread a copy of the packet. ... consists of putting the message into a queue to be sent to the bus (no ... targeted at a specific window. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Creating a simple windows messaging app
    ... each application thread a copy of the packet. ... appThread responds to: ... consists of putting the message into a queue to be sent to the bus (no ... targeted at a specific window. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: TCP packets : end of thre-way handshake and start of data-transmission - how to dete
    ... Its not the client actually sending data before it should I'm concerned ... When I send some data after receiving the first ACK the ... client behaves as if I did not send that packet at all (mind you, ... because that ACK said the window size was zero. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: TV Card setup (repost) - baskitcaise, help please! :-)
    ... >> These are messages from your firewall and can get a bit out of hand the ... >> number your DNS server by any chance? ... "Don't fragment" this IP packet if it's too big, drop it and send an ICMP ... Window size? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)