SSH without password - problems with particular userid

I'm using ssh (/bin/ssh) on Solaris 10. I can ssh between accounts
without a password with no problem for most accounts - i.e., I've
generated keys, set up authorized_keys files, set the appropriate
permissions on directories, etc. With one particular userid, though, I
still get prompted for a password. I've checked permissions, tried
dsa, rsa, etc. but still no luck.

Is there some account-specific configuration option somewhere that
dictates whether or not it is possible to ssh to a particular account
without a password?

Many thanks,...
Mike Dunham-Wilkie

  • Re: ssh security
    ... what are valid accounts and what are not. ... It's considered axiomatic that security ... > system accounts (and over 99.9% are root, which does not get ssh access ... There are even some bots and apps that attack you from different IP ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: The single best news for the publishing biz
    ... But since they allow ssh through, the "server of appropriate type" is ... knowledgeable user is likely to have several such accounts. ... actually have accessible shell accounts, the fact that it lets all your ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: How can I block IP address range with sshd_config
    ... > only log in through ssh. ... would deny access to all hosts in that range. ... >> through sshd using accounts guest and test tried again yesterday. ... as well as reading the comments in the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Hacked mac
    ... Secret accounts? ... Re-install the system using Archive and Install. ... Some would argue that this isn't reasonably safe. ... When you turn ssh back on, either take steps to make sure every ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Options to block brute force attacks
    ... They would be unlikely to guess my root password, but who knows, I do ... I'm assuming that you have already limited SSH login to normal user ... accounts, excluding direct login to role accounts. ... theory, an attacker could break it, given enough time. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)