Re: SSH on armv5tel: "You don't exist, go away!"

maurizio.crozzoli@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
And we didn't have to add nsswitch.conf at the moment either.

Yup, the default works, but defaults have gotchas. Which is why you
should RTF nsswitch.conf manual anyway.

Now two new items separate us from a successful usage of ssh:
1. we're using DHCP on the lab board where the PXA we're talking about
is and it looks like that a change in the address of the PXA doesn't
let other machine recognize it through ssh link: we have to remove the
known_host file and restart. It's not a serious problem but maybe
there's a clever solution to it.

2. Authentication throug public key works perfectly (we tried both ssh
and scp) but it does NOT work at all if you use passwords (the first
time you want to exchange the pub_keys and you want to use scp +
passwords): mayby there are some other libs missing... any suggestion?

While it's not exactly the most tidy solution, you could disable
StrictHostKeyChecking (see man ssh).

  • Re: scripts without passwords
    ... without a passwords. ... If the scp is not contained within a script it must have a password. ... And I strongly suggest learning to use "rsync -e ssh" rather than SCP. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH on armv5tel: "You dont exist, go away!"
    ... Now two new items separate us from a successful usage of ssh: ... we're using DHCP on the lab board where the PXA we're talking about ... and scp) but it does NOT work at all if you use passwords (the first ... passwords): mayby there are some other libs missing... ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Bullies get into FireFox, and make a mess in F-14, way too easily, forcing me to DBAN the hd
    ... Are you running Firefox as root or as a normal user? ... Could the bullies know your passwords? ... Do these bullies have physical access to your PC? ... I dislike the default ssh server configuration on Fedora. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Is SSH worth it??
    ... > We would be using SSH and SCP. ... SCP for automated scripts. ... > client will not be prompted for a password. ... remote machine, but imho it is better to swap client+server and give ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • UPDATE Re: rlogin - security question [expanded to smartcard technology]
    ... explinations of ssh etc. ... 0-13-100092-6) with the words "The Official Sun Microsystems Resource ... place root / users cannot set/change passwords. ... > we are required to allow rlogin access to all by means of .rhosts files. ...
    (SunManagers)