Re: FTP Encryption

chrislewis21@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there an industry standard for data encryption via FTP? We have
multiple sites with whom we transfer files but don't want to have to
install a client side app on their servers...

Thanks,
Chris

If it must be FTP, then you need to encrypt the file before sending it.
And of course the remote site must have a compatible decrypting program.

We use GNU Privacy Guard for such file transfers.

http://www.gnupg.org/

  • FTP Encryption
    ... Is there an industry standard for data encryption via FTP? ... multiple sites with whom we transfer files but don't want to have to ... install a client side app on their servers... ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Lost the ability to load apps & recognize file types.
    ... if i transfer files to another> machine the files are fine. ... i also can use the windows> interface, ie. explore the directory but i can't launch> an app or open a file. ... here> is my dilema - it looks like windows is corrupted and i> cannot find or load my outlook files. ...
  • Re: Network Share performance
    ... When I transfer files to the share on the server the transfer rate ... Are you using SMB or CIFS on the client? ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Lost the ability to load apps & recognize file types.
    ... >If you rename regedit.exe to regedit.com does regedit ... >> an app or open a file. ... i can transfer files off the machine no problem. ... >> cannot find or load my outlook files. ...
  • RE: %logonserver%
    ... > I have multiple win2003 domain controller distributed across multiple sites. ... > site DC instead of the local site. ... > the remote sites? ... The client is running XP. ...