Re: FTP Encryption

"chrislewis21@xxxxxxxxx" <chrislewis21@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Is there an industry standard for data encryption via FTP? We have
multiple sites with whom we transfer files but don't want to have to
install a client side app on their servers...

Sure, there's SFTP and FTPS, but most likely, you'll have to install
server and client apps on both sides to take advantage of either.

(SFTP isn't quite FTP, its file transfer over ssh, but it'll function
like that well enough).

  • Re: Subscript out of range, obvious?
    ... All your client apps could declare that logging object WithEvents ... that they all get an event notification when your master app posts ... My master app is trying ... I copied this error handler from my existing code. ...
  • Re: Subscript out of range, obvious?
    ... All your client apps could declare that logging object WithEvents ... that they all get an event notification when your master app posts ... My master app is trying ... I copied this error handler from my existing code. ...
  • Re: Subscript out of range, obvious?
    ... All your client apps could declare that logging object WithEvents ... that they all get an event notification when your master app posts ... My master app is trying ... I copied this error handler from my existing code. ...
  • Re: Subscript out of range, obvious?
    ... All your client apps could declare that logging object WithEvents so ... My master app is trying to ... I'm trying to understand and apply your error handler ideas from above. ...
  • Re: Are ASP.NET user interfaces essentially dead now?
    ... interactive interface work -- they are fundamentally not suited to get the ... (or whatever client you choose). ... based app interface, or I can spend 2 months for the same windowsforms based ...