novice question related to authentication

Hi All,

I want to use SSH for the authentication purpose.
I do not want to enter any user name and password to the user.
I want to use only on the basis of private and public key.Is it
possible to implement only on the basis of public and private key.

I have heard that it is possible to implement in ssh-2

I have one more requirement . I want to distribute this keys from my
software. Is it possible to use my keys.

Basically i want to authenticate the machine which is making
connection to ssh server using public and private key. And this public
and private key are distributed by my server software.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Desktop directly to another computer on the network
    ... WinSCP for that to access my home SSH server. ... with a persistent SSH tunnel to my brothers SSH server. ... can only logon to the SSH server with a valid private key and strong pass ... VPN gives you only that advantage, that you do not have to manage your ...
    ... using your old private key, so there's no point in keeping a backup. ... > security risk if I send this through e-mail as an attachment to the ssh ... > has been compromised it does not really matter since it is a public key ... > more words for the passphrase it gets harder to crack? ...
  • Re: SSH Implemetation Question
    ... its a little difficult to document how SSH works on ... Give the private key a passphrase if you care about security! ... Start Pagent on the workstation, and add your private key to it. ... To demystify the configuration on the workstation in the -03 level IBM ...
  • Re: backups Re: Have I been sniffed?
    ... Wireless is worse because in order to sniff the wire, ... >> in ssh are still sent over the network, whereas, passphrases are kept ... as they are only used to decrypt the private key. ... Daily backups distributed to two servers, ...
  • RE: passwordless SSH Rsync [Was : DiskLayout/PartitioningPractices]
    ... >> I do not want to have My Private key in all the servers. ... configured ssh clients), it is possible to ssh to multiple machines without ... each homer, bart, and lisa. ...