Re: Forwarding of SSH and FTP (22 and 21)

... Perhaps if you fill in some more background and details

Ignoring FTP, for the moment, let's just tackle tunneling a secondary
ssh session.

I have two servers in a secure network one is FreeBSD running ssh that
is accesible via the internet. Server 2 is not available on the
internet also has ssh available.

I want to open an ssh session to the FreeBSD SSH server and then use
port forwarding to access sshd on Server 2. This way I can use sftp to
transfer files to my client to Server 2 without having to use VPN.

When using PUTTY to do a local port forward to Server 2 port 22 to my
local client it works fine when the local port is 22. If I forward to
my local port 51022 (or any other) it does not work.

I would rather not use local port 22 since I may need to use that port
for real ssh access to my client from any other box.

  • Re: Forwarding of SSH and FTP (22 and 21)
    ... ssh session. ... I want to open an ssh session to the FreeBSD SSH server and then use ... When using PUTTY to do a local port forward to Server 2 port 22 to my ... local client it works fine when the local port is 22. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Remote Lisp and web programming
    ... >> normal user ssh account ... >> that SLIME is supposed to be able to run as a server, ... >> internet can connect to the slime, only me over ssh or ssl? ... > swank binds a local port, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Trouble with X11 over SSH on Mandriva 2010.0
    ... If next clean install/update causes ssh to break, ... installed the sshd daemon/service package (OpenSSH Server) on the server. ... correct values for client and server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
    ... this was one "result" of the comromised ssh binary at sourceforge. ... a public server of the Apache Software Foundation ... > (ASF) was illegally accessed by unknown crackers. ... > exhaustive audit of all Apache source code and binary distributions ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD Crash without Errors, Warnings, or Panics
    ... I suppose I could run on stable until the driver is fixed in a release branch, but I need this box up and online, and I've always read that the stable branch is not the place for production servers. ... I'm running 6.0-RELEASE-p5 on a Toshiba built server: dual Xeon Intel motherboard with a LSILogic MegaRAID controller. ... Also, some network ports still respond, like a telnet to port 22 to test SSH will yield an SSH banner, but trying to connect with SSH just hangs. ... The box runs a web-based app and connects to a local Postgres DB which seemed to be unable to start new connections being requested by the PHP scripts. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)