Re: X11 forwarding not working

"JR" == Jason Roscoe <jason.roscoe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

JR> Richard E. Silverman wrote:
>> Try starting the SSH server with the -4 switch.
>>

JR> Thanks. That seems to work. I was launching sshd through inetd.
JR> But, I launched it manually from the command line and tried the -4
JR> argument. This seems to work but I don't understand why. Can you
JR> elaborate on why it didn't work before? Thanks again!

{robalo:~} ssh -F/dev/null -X gumbo
Last login: Fri Mar 16 18:33:26 2007 from robalo.rosecommon
{gumbo:jason} echo $DISPLAY
gumbo:10.0
{gumbo:jason} netstat -a|grep 6010
tcp6 0 0 *:6010 *:*
LISTEN
{gumbo:jason} xdpyinfo
xdpyinfo: unable to open display "gumbo:10.0".
{gumbo:jason}

Note the "tcp6" -- this shows that the X11 proxy was only listening on an
IPv6 socket.

You're welcome. :)

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

  • Re: X11 forwarding not working
    ... Richard E. Silverman wrote: ... I was launching sshd through inetd. ... I launched it manually from the command line and tried the -4 argument. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: recursive ssh invocation
    ... "Richard E. Silverman" writes: ... >Kerberos support, configured to use it, and the user doensn't have any ... (in fact it does not if there is no publickey valid method between machine1 ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: scp over several hops
    ... Richard E Silverman wrote: ... Some customers do not ... out-of-the-box on any Unix-system - YMMV. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to do an rm through ssh
    ... to invoke a subsystem rather than run a remote command. ... With this, you could use "ssh -s backups", and if the name of the backup ... Richard Silverman ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SFTP Batch without key
    ... In article Richard E. Silverman ... > PH> If you have 'setsid' as a command on your OS, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)