Radius tunnel from Linux to Microsoft IAS

I know this sounds backwards but this is in fact what I need to do.

I need to tunnel Radius from my Linux host to a Microsoft IAS server.
My Radius client is pam_auth_radius by FreeRadius, its implmentation of
the client protocol is rather minimal. I can't in my limited time
frame integrate EAP or any of its derivatives to the client which is
where SSH is coming from. I am using OpenSSH 4.3ps so it does have the
ability to open a bi-directional "vpn" like tunnel (using -w) but only
to other OpenSSH servers I assume. Perhaps using -W is not the best
approach and I should attempt using the old style -L port forwarding
with netcat or some other UDP -> TCP tool. My problem is what is
requried on the IAS side to terminate the tunnel and then route
properly back the Radius responses to my Linux host. NetCat isn't
available on Windows, I don't think.

Does anyone have a clue how I might accomplish this? Open to any/all
suggestions.

Thanks!

  • Re: IAS server and access points
    ... I have actually been in touch with Netgear tech support on this ... IAS server from the access points and Ethereal marked the packets as ... out the wireless policy to all client pc's in a specific group. ... "A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 2, which is not valid, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: IAS server and access points
    ... I have actually been in touch with Netgear tech support on this ... IAS server from the access points and Ethereal marked the packets as ... out the wireless policy to all client pc's in a specific group. ... "A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 2, which is not valid, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: IAS server and access points
    ... logs to Netgear and made steps to return the AP's as not fit for purpose. ... wireless policy to all client pc's in a specific group. ... I get an occassional message on my IAS server that says "A RADIUS ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: Peap Authentication fails after boot up
    ... forwarding packets between the client and IAS server but for some reason it ... Received packet for client 00904b1aa3e7 ... > RADIUS: Received Challenge Request ... Received session timeout request of 30 seconds ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: IAS and RADIUS accounting - what extra info does this log?
    ... > a log of several attributes involved in the authentication process. ... > IAS can only log accounting requests that the RADIUS client sends. ... > If the log does not contain accounting requests, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)