Re: Removing already generated keys

"J9" == thecoolone <jahan9@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

J9> Here is the scenario. I have 2 servers serv1 and serv2. Previously
J9> i had a crontab in serv4 that backed data from serv1 with login as
J9> "thecoolone" on both servers. And this crontab was functioning
J9> properly before. Now i tried to make a new crontab in serv4 under
J9> a new login "user1" and the same login "thecoolone" on
J9> serv1. After i made this crontab and tried to execute both the old
J9> one and the one i just created, neither of them work. And so i
J9> want to remove the entry (i.e public key copy and authorized_keys
J9> entry) that i made on serv1 under "thecoolone" login so that
J9> atleast the crontab that was working before starts working again.

J9> Anyone know how to do that ??

Note that it is not necessary to copy the public key file to the remote
side; just to include the key in the remote authorized_keys file.

If all you did to the "thecoolone" account was edit the authorized_keys
file, perhaps you messed up the format in doing so? Be careful that each
entry is only one line and does not get broken up by an editor.

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

  • Removing already generated keys
    ... I have 2 servers serv1 and serv2. ... And this crontab was functioning properly ... Now i tried to make a new crontab in serv4 under a new login "user1" ... and the same login "thecoolone" on serv1. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Removing already generated keys
    ... J9> i had a crontab in serv4 that backed data from serv1 with login as ... J9> "thecoolone" on both servers. ... Note that it is not necessary to copy the public key file to the remote ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Cron problem
    ... One user is not able to create cronjobs ... from his login. ... crontab: 0481-124 Cannot create the cron file in the ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Cron on Tiger?
    ... >> Cron works fine for both system and user tasks. ... Login as (or switch) to ... I've never had a problem with 'crontab -e' on any release of Mac OS X. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Allow user to modify crontab file only once.
    ... >> I need to give user access to crontab file to edit only once daily. ... You could build a captive menuing system that only ... > allows a user to login, change the crontab time daily, and logout. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)