Re: OH MY GOD! (What did I miss?)

gsm.beamon@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
eval $( ssh-agent -s )
ssh-add [enter passcode]
ssh -l cvs <host> # this works; I'm logged in and no password is needed.
ssh -l smiller <host> # this does not work. I am asked for the password.

But if I change /home/smiller to 755 then volai

ssh -l smiller <host> # it works fine.

What is the deal? Honestly, what is the deal here?

Also when debugging these issues, if you run the server in debug mode
(usually easiest to run another copy on another port), it will be more
explicit about running into permissions issues.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx

  • RE: sshd / ssh setup
    ... We have an Remote FreeBSD system which is located some where on the ... This method gives the maximum protection possible utilizing ssh. ... Host setup steps. ... Reboot your system to activate sshd and login as root. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SSH filter transer, was Re: Soft Update - directory/file listing
    ... But SSH file transfer is painfully slow all the time. ... ## SSH 3.2 Server Configuration File ... # Note that forwardings using the name of this host will be allowed (if ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: OpenSUSE PuTTY ?
    ... PuTTY lets you set up all kinds of special options, tied to which host ... The ssh daemon on the host machine is usually activated by default, ... As a taster to open a remote session in a new window in any konsole ... Windows users should explore Cygwin as this will allow you to run ssh ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Disable name canonicalization for OpenSSH GSSAPI
    ... The issue I'm having is with a new server ... I'm unable to setup the correct reverse ... When I attempt to connect to this host with SSH, ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: hacked?
    ... So I ssh'd in and did a netstat and saw what looked like an unwanted SSH connection... ... On the local host type nmap -sV localhost -p 1-65535 to see what ports respond and which apps/services. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)