Re: Webcam to website over SSH

Mike Lowery wrote:
A web server has nothing to do with this. What OS are you running? If Windows,
you can use the method below to create an SSH tunnel which can then be used to
encrypt and forward the video packets:
http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html

I have used SSH tunnels before but can I just check that I have the
logic right on the video part of it:-

If I create a SSH tunnel on port 21 between my local PC (windows) and
the Web server (linux) (also port 21). I also forward port 8888 on my
local PC to the webserver.

On my local pc I then stream the video feed across the network on port
8888 therefore sending it to the webserver.

I then need some html script or java applet that would be pointed at
webserver.IP.address:8888 in order to receive the video stream?

TIA

  • Re: Webcam to website over SSH
    ... you can use the method below to create an SSH tunnel which can then be used ... encrypt and forward the video packets: ... On my local pc I then stream the video feed across the network on port ... but the web server isn't responsible for providing the video ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Video Over RF - using bluetooth and Xilinx Video Starter Kit
    ... video stream over RF, using Bluetooth, ... This idea was rejected as we do not have WUSB chip and kit. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: AVISplitter DS Filter - bug where vid stream has negative size?
    ... >>uncompressed avi video. ... When I supply the splitter with an avi stream ... >>whose video stream has a negative height value, ...
  • Re: Video on webservers
    ... I have my own freebsd box that is a webserver. ... My wife has a family oriented website on this server. ... windows machine to create mpg files but 6 minutes generates 200MB ... What I mean is that the video files she is generating from the dvd camcorder ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: MS MCE Network Issue
    ... >>> One thing I quickly discovered is that one video stream, maybe two, ... >> often kept video streams coming in from different news stations on ... > Likely depends on the quality. ... blame for multiple systems/devices that might be causing the connections to ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)