Re: Putty - pscp - "Connection Time out"

Todd H. wrote:
vladimir.mcbadger@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I have created a SSH tunnel to an external (i.e. hosted outside my home
network) and have succesfully remotely logged onto the server.

When I try to use the pscp command to copy a file to the server I get
the error "Fatal: Network Error: Connection timed out"

Can anyone advise on what may be going wrong / how to resolve it?

Does the ssh server run on a non-standard port?

Can you copy the syntax you are attempting here?

Yes the ssh server does run on a non-standard port '6024'

The syntax is

pscp C:\Temp\TestFile1.txt vlad789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/tmp

I have also tried

pscp C:\Temp\TestFile1.txt vlad789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

The path on my c: is correct and the file is present and a new file so
should not have any problematic attributes.

.