Re: Putty - pscp - "Connection Time out"

Todd H. wrote:
vladimir.mcbadger@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I have created a SSH tunnel to an external (i.e. hosted outside my home
network) and have succesfully remotely logged onto the server.

When I try to use the pscp command to copy a file to the server I get
the error "Fatal: Network Error: Connection timed out"

Can anyone advise on what may be going wrong / how to resolve it?

Does the ssh server run on a non-standard port?

Can you copy the syntax you are attempting here?

Yes the ssh server does run on a non-standard port '6024'

The syntax is

pscp C:\Temp\TestFile1.txt vlad789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/tmp

I have also tried

pscp C:\Temp\TestFile1.txt vlad789@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

The path on my c: is correct and the file is present and a new file so
should not have any problematic attributes.

  • Re: Putty: PSFTP connection without password prompt (CORRECT VERSION)
    ... you are sending files to a server ... Download puttygen, pageant and pscp from ... SSH Secure Shell downloaded from ... real Windows user, and have no idea of how to do it, try the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Putty - pscp - "Connection Time out"
    ... When I try to use the pscp command to copy a file to the server I get ... Yes the ssh server does run on a non-standard port '6024' ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Putty - pscp - "Connection Time out"
    ... When I try to use the pscp command to copy a file to the server I get ... Can you copy the syntax you are attempting here? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: problems calling pscp from php
    ... It looks like Server and Client fail to generate a session encryption key. ... pscp from within php but not when using pscp from the command line? ... When transfering with pscp from command line ...