remote backup using sftp

hi, i have public/private keys configured for my servers and would like
to take a backup and sftp to a remote machine i maintain in a colo
facility (also configured with public/private keys). can someone
recommend a way to do this sftp of the backedup data to the remote
machine, using a script? essentially my question is how do do the sftp
transfer without manually having to type the passphrase.

thx

  • KDE: sftp and fish stall via konqueror
    ... I regularly have problems copying files using sftp or fish via konqueror. ... log on to a remote machine using konqueror, select a bunch of of files and ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: How to read a file in expect
    ... >>I am spawning a sftp process from a local machine to a remote machine ... It actually put a |cat file that was garbage on my local system. ... send "get DIRLIST $tmpfile" ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: How to read a file in expect
    ... >I am spawning a sftp process from a local machine to a remote machine ... I'm not sure if the set commands need to be coded as send ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: remote backup using sftp
    ... to take a backup and sftp to a remote machine i maintain in a colo ... facility (also configured with public/private keys). ... In ssh parlance, you wish to use public key authentication with a ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to read a file in expect
    ... Does anybody know if the problems I am having are related to sftp ... > I am spawning a sftp process from a local machine to a remote machine ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)