Re: How to setup ssh-connections from init-script to remote hosts ?

Thommy writes:

I need help ...

I try to setup an automatically ssh-connection from inside of an init-script while
booting a linux system.

The init script might well be running with a uid of other than root.

The script works fine while testing it manually, but at boot-time I got
"Permission denied (publickey,password,hostbased)."

(I have to kill processes on slave server before shutting down the master
and start processes on slave while booting the primary server).

Any ideas ?

  • Re: Alpha Conversational Bootstrap (was: Re: EDT Issue While enter into conversational boot)
    ... I try to set the startup.com in startup parameter while booting but after set this everything is fine and after reboot the server I’m getting the below output ... Startup command file = SYS$SYSTEM:STARTUP.COM ... boot command you're using — I'll guess that your system parameter database is either corrupt or missing, or you're booting out of different system roots with the default boot and the conversational boot, and the root you're booting conversationally probably has no startup set due to your previous efforts, and the default boot root does. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: via-rhine apparently broken in 2.4.23-pre4
    ... > VIA Rhine II chip. ... root:~# uname -a ... Now, booting back to 2.6.0-test5;) ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: root account expired --help
    ... You have to be root first to be able to do 'init 1'. ... It's curious that the first few responds was to use linux rescue CD. ... system is really messed up that you can't even boot single mode. ... can be fixed just by booting to single mode, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: FreeBSD 9-R pxeboot fails with Mounting root filesystem rw failed...
    ... In the "new" way of booting... ... you need to have the cd because the own cd is the root filesystem... ... and in fact is live filesystem too.... ... and I get offered the "Install / Shell ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] Very strange boot problem- PS
    ... 1-move showopts ahead of root= ... What I would do is change it to by-label. ... it does not have any effect on booting. ... Hibernation doesn't work when you can't even boot. ...
    (SuSE)