Re: which is better libssh or libssh2

Unruh wrote:
"shyam" <shyam.geek@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi ALL

I am about to start writing a module for bulk transfer of files using
sftp.

I cant use scripts due to some performance issues amongst others
Going through the web I found libssh and linssh2 API available.

But as per my knowledge these are not available with REDHAT enterprise
linux , which is the OS I am going to develop the module.

Not sure. They are available to mandriva and have been since 2005 (10.2)
You do not tell us which version of Enterprise.

It is version 3 of enterprise linux

Anyway ssh2 is the more recent one and fixes severe secrurity holes in
ssh from what I know. But why would you write your own implimentation of
ssh.

I am not planning to write my own implementation but trying to use the
available APIs

It is hard to imagine where any performance issues would make writing
your own better than useing someone elses stuff. The internet is not that
fast-- ie, transmission timing will swamp any script issues. And sftp is
probably one of the slowest ways. Why not use scp or rsync instead.
Espacially rsync if you are transfering the same files over and over.

Its the requirement that I use only sftp and not scp or others

Can anybody suggest which one is better option

thanks
SHyam

  • Re: which is better libssh or libssh2
    ... Going through the web I found libssh and linssh2 API available. ... And sftp is ... Espacially rsync if you are transfering the same files over and over. ... use a better transfer protocol ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: which is better libssh or libssh2
    ... linux, which is the OS I am going to develop the module. ... ssh from what I know. ... And sftp is ... Espacially rsync if you are transfering the same files over and over. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH sftp and Windows
    ... > and if people want to copy files over the Internet from our AD I want ... > the to use sftp to get into Linux and then mount some drives from windws ... You need to be logged in via ssh from windoze to get ... > for the password since the username and password on Linux and Windows ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Transfer of files from laptop to desktop
    ... > Easiest would be to install ssh on your linux box, ... SFTP, then scp, and deemed scp much faster. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SSH sftp and Windows
    ... 1)My AD and all Windows servers are hiding behind the Checkpoint Firewall ... I have a Linux server that has port 22 open to get into it. ... and if people want to copy files over the Internet from our AD I want the to ... use sftp to get into Linux and then mount some drives from windws servers ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)