Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH

On 2006-08-17, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Darren Tucker wrote:
This is the point where sshd re-execs itself to handle the new
connection. I suspect that this is failing for because of some change
that occurred when you installed the software (PATH, maybe?)

You can prevent the re-exec by adding "-r" to sshd's command line.

OK, that worked. So it looks like's definitely happening at the re-exec,
darn it. I'm not familiar enough Windows internals to get into this, and my
raw SSH coding is pretty rusty. Any ideas other than "run it from inetd"?

You can run sshd as a daemon with -r too.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

  • Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH
    ... connection. ... I suspect that this is failing for because of some change ... So ripping McAfee out by the roots helped and got it working. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Max wins
    ... That was their connection - his only connection was with them. ... with his parent's politics, I'd totally agree. ... explicit evidence is not currently in the public domain. ... My beef with Max, though, is his judgement. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: OpenSSH 4.6p1 make tests fails
    ... out connection. ... Some of the tests use listening ports and will fail ... ssh connect after login grace timeout failed without privsep ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: telnet tunnelling ssh
    ... >That host has ssh package installed and sshd up and running. ... >(All looks silly but it's the truth) ... >connection already established? ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Premature termination of SSH connection attempts
    ... > What I would like is for the SSH server (OpenSSH, in this case) to behave ... the connection is simply refused. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)