Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH

On 2006-08-17, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Darren Tucker wrote:
This is the point where sshd re-execs itself to handle the new
connection. I suspect that this is failing for because of some change
that occurred when you installed the software (PATH, maybe?)

You can prevent the re-exec by adding "-r" to sshd's command line.

OK, that worked. So it looks like's definitely happening at the re-exec,
darn it. I'm not familiar enough Windows internals to get into this, and my
raw SSH coding is pretty rusty. Any ideas other than "run it from inetd"?

You can run sshd as a daemon with -r too.

Darren Tucker (dtucker at
usually comes from bad judgement.