Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH

"Chuck" <skilover_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%J0Fg.9260$9v1.4356@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Darren Tucker wrote:

You can prevent the re-exec by adding "-r" to sshd's command line.

OK, that worked. So it looks like's definitely happening at the re-exec,
darn it. I'm not familiar enough Windows internals to get into this, and
my
raw SSH coding is pretty rusty. Any ideas other than "run it from inetd"?

In the meantime, I'm gonna rip out McAfee by the roots and see if that
helps.

Can't you just tell McAfee that the ssh executable is allowed to do
whatever it wants? (Assuming this is a MacAfee FW issue)

No, it's definitely not the firewall, which I'd already permitted SSH and
SSHD through. It's the cotton-picking "personal privacy service", which
blocks web-ads and web-bugs and pop-ups and the like. As long as I don't
install that at all, I'm OK. Disabling it does *not* fix the problem.

.