Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
I've got a problem: I had CygWin sshd runing fine on Windows XP Home
a week or so ago, then changed my anti-virus to a current version of
McAfee. Suddenly, I can't get it working, and the error messages are
less than informative.Attempts to ssh to localhost, even with the
firewall turned off, are failing.

It's not clear to me that it's McAfee biting me, sinice lots of
references to such problems exist but they vary wildly in their
reported problem and fix. Has anyone been through this lately, and
gotten it actually working?

Well, I got a McAfee technicion in a chat window: he walked me through
shutting down all McAfee services, and I'm still seeing the problem. It's
frustrating: this was working last week.

  • Re: Eratic system operation w/AcAfee on Windows 2000 Pro
    ... Your direction: Resolve any error messages. ... >| I have had several people suggest uninstalling McAfee to ... >| attempted Dat file update. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Reinstallation of Outlook Express
    ... Do you see any error messages when you attempt to send or receive? ... Attempted to reinstall OE by downloading IE6 from ... is every Windows computer. ... McAfee has caused problems for years with OE and I ...
  • Re: What are Windows SecurityCenter Error Event ID 1802 and 1806 Messages?
    ... I think the error is being caused by McAfee. ... MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) ... Is this why I am seeing these error messages? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Explorer will not open
    ... Gather more informaiton about the error from Event Viewer and post the details here. ... How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?: ... And even tried Mcafee and Adaware in safe mode. ... unable to complete a system restore as well. ...
  • Re: McAfee and CygWin SSH
    ... then changed my anti-virus to a current version of McAfee. ... Suddenly, I can't get it working, and the error messages are less than ... It's not clear to me that it's McAfee biting me, ... I'm afraid I don't see that feature: I'm using the current "McAfee Security ...
    (comp.security.ssh)