Re: public key problems OpenSSH3.8.1p1 to Sun_SSH_1.1

On 2006-08-01, Dan <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did wonder about the PAM config (not something I'm familiar with at all)
Do you know if Sun_SSH_1.1 should have some explicit PAM config
for ssh? I compared a solaris10 pam.conf with a solaris8 and neither have
explicit entries for ssh, although public key authentication works fine on
the sol8 box.

If it doesn't have an explicit entry from sshd-pubkey then it will default
to using the "other" service.

I can't find any PAM or general authentication errors in
/var/adm/, /var/log/ etc.

Any idea what the sshd-pubkey PAM entry would look like? if I knew which
module to point it at, I think I could enable debug

I don't have Solaris 10 but assuming the pam.conf in the OpenSolaris cvs
tree is the same, then all you'd need to do is copy all of the "other"
lines and replace "other" with "sshd-pubkey".

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

  • Re: public key problems OpenSSH3.8.1p1 to Sun_SSH_1.1
    ... Do you know if Sun_SSH_1.1 should have some explicit PAM config ... I compared a solaris10 pam.conf with a solaris8 and neither have ... Darren Tucker ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Solaris 10 pam.conf for LDAP authentication
    ... > I can succesfully authenticate with telnet, FTP and ssh, and of course, the ... > system console, but I can't get the desktop login to work. ... I have not tried Solaris10. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • solaris 10 password aging
    ... apologies for my very rusty knowlegde about solaris10! ... We have a solaris 10 server, and the password aging is on. ... We normally accesses the host via ssh, so I suspect that either it's a setting in the ssh, or in one of the pam modules. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)