Re: Problem with tunneling vnc through ssh (via a gateway)

"GP" == Gernot Pfanner <pfannerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

GP> Hi!
>> I would try: ssh -t -X -l <username> -L 5907:localhost:5907

GP> Thanks, but that does not work either. Taking back a step, how do
GP> I establish an ordinary ssh-session (with X-Forwarding) through a
GP> gateway? I have tried

GP> <host>

GP> but this results in "Error: Can't open display:" too. The
GP> display-variable is not set (as checked by "echo $DISPLAY"), but
GP> setting it to localhost (setenv DISPLAY 127.0.0.1) does not change
GP> things. The extended output messages (as turned on by the -v flag)
GP> just contain the connection details and almost no error. ssh just
GP> complains that "The authenticity of host '<remote host>' can't be
GP> establis hed" and connecting anyway..."Failed to add the host to
GP> the list of known hosts". But thats all. In this spirit With
GP> thanks Yours Gernot

1) Make sure X is working locally.

2) Post -vv output.

3) Try this instead, assuming the gateway has netcat (nc) on it:

ssh -oproxycommand="ssh -qax username@gateway nc %h %p" -X username@host

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

  • Re: Very small network question...
    ... You have to set the gateway ONLY if you have a gateway in your network. ... a five port switch (connected to the host PC and target board). ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Liunx and DSL routing
    ... So aaa.aaa.aaa.158 must be the IP address of a Zyxel interface, ... as the "gateway" IP address in the aaa.aaa.aaa.156/30 subnet as well as ... traffic from other hosts to your host and from your host to other hosts. ... the ISP? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: dynamic web page rewrite
    ... > I have explored using a http proxy like FilterProxy to rewrite the ... host via a gateway, and routes to a network. ... To omit GATEWAY, NETMASK, PREFIXLEN, or INTERFACE, write - instead. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Very small network question...
    ... You have to set the gateway ONLY if you have a gateway in your network. ... a five port switch (connected to the host PC and target board). ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: ip masquerade
    ... > I'm trying to to share the internet with a linux machine. ... Besides the FC3 gateway host there ...
    (Fedora)