Re: SSH2 to SSH1 Without Password

Chuck wrote:
Which key did you place on the ssh2 box? I was thinking to try putting
the private key there and the public key on the ssh1 box in the
authorized_keys file.

I placed the dsa key generated by the ssh1 box onto the ssh2 box in all
of the places listed above. When I generate a key on the ssh2 box it
generates in 2048-bit rsa that the ssh1 box would not understand. As
Richard said I need to generate an rsa1 key, but the ssh2 installed
doesn't seem to know what that is.

  • Re: Connection setup for SSH2 much slower than for SSH1 on Solaris8
    ... > JC> I'm seeing very slow connection setup using SSH2 vs SSH1... ... is it normal for SSH2 to take this much longer than SSH1? ... The Solaris-Linux vs Linux-Solaris results would seem to ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH 1.0 vs. 2.0
    ... SSH2 was a total rewite of the protocol. ... SSH limited www.ssh.com He also wrote the SSH2 specs. ... In a nutshell SSH1 ... support if your business does not depend upon it. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Ive been hacked...tips for a postmortem?
    ... > www.openssh.com) That SSH1 is not to be used for anything other than ... > vulnerable to several remote root attacks (thus the reason for SSH2). ... > SSH at all. ... because they use the same port and ssh.com got ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Why does openssh protocol default to 2?
    ... > consider that to be harmless compared to the possibility to collect keys ... > I mean I just checked some University systems running ssh2 and ssh1 and I ... attacker may write to .ssh/authorized_keys*. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: How to define port number access in /etc/hosts.allow
    ... If this is ssh2, use the AllowHosts option to restrict the hosts allowed ... it will show the failure based on refused host. ... If this is ssh1 the AllowHosts option is also available, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)