Re: How to do an rm through ssh

Richard E. Silverman wrote:
A subsystem is a named service defined in the sshd configuration; -s means
to invoke a subsystem rather than run a remote command. You can use this
to hide the implementation of a service from the client, for abstraction.
For example:

--- [sshd_config] ----------------------------------------

subsystem backups /path/to/backup/script

With this, you could use "ssh -s backups", and if the name of the backup
script changes, clients don't have to know.

The most common use of subsystems is for sftp.

--
Richard Silverman
res@xxxxxxxx

Hi, Richard,
yes, that explains a lot of things. And it's a clever idea from
the guys who made sshd also! I have this feeling I'll soon be finding
all kinds of uses for it.
Thanks for the explanation. Regards:
Wences

.