Re: SFTP working but not SSH

shalinikolli@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I wanted to know if the Port is open for SFTP, should it work for SSH
also OR should I have a port available for SSH on the Host server. if
Yes Can the port for SSH and SFTP be the same?

There is no port difference, they are the same. Everything connects on
port 22. But after connecting, the server must run a program. The
default for 'ssh' is to run a local shell. For 'sftp', it'll run a sftp
server.

It sounds like instead the account runs a specific program that
interprets the incoming request and prints a denial and exits if that
request is not for sftp.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx