ssh issue: core not dumped: /var/core/core.sshd, cannot connect using Perl module Net::SSH::Perl

I'm getting the error logs in the /var/adm/messages files when a .NET
program using the jscape.ssh.dll is trying to connect to SUN Solaris 8
server with OPENssh 4.3 p2. Issue is that this occurs from time to
time. I'm also having issue when using Perl module Net::SSH::Perl with
debug turned on.

Connecting to svr1.mydom.com
mydom.com: Reading configuration data /home/mike/.ssh/config
mydom.com: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
mydom.com: Connecting to svr1.mydom.com, port 22.
mydom.com: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3

mydom.com: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
OpenSSH_4.3
mydom.com: Net::SSH::Perl Version 1.30, protocol version 2.0.
mydom.com: No compat match: OpenSSH_4.3.
mydom.com: Connection established.
mydom.com: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), wait response.
mydom.com: Algorithms, c->s: 3des-cbc hmac-sha1 none
mydom.com: Algorithms, s->c: 3des-cbc hmac-sha1 none
mydom.com: Entering Diffie-Hellman Group 1 key exchange.
mydom.com: Sent DH public key, waiting for reply.
mydom.com: Received host key, type 'ssh-dss'.
mydom.com: Host 'svr1.mydom.com' is known and matches the host key.
mydom.com: Computing shared secret key.
mydom.com: Verifying server signature.
mydom.com: Waiting for NEWKEYS message.
mydom.com: Enabling incoming encryption/MAC/compression.
mydom.com: Send NEWKEYS, enable outgoing encryption/MAC/compression.
mydom.com: Sending request for user-authentication service.
mydom.com: Service accepted: ssh-userauth.
mydom.com: Trying empty user-authentication request.
mydom.com: Authentication methods that can continue:
publickey,keyboard-interactive.
mydom.com: Next method to try is publickey.
mydom.com: Trying pubkey authentication with key file
'/home/mike/.ssh/id_dsa'
mydom.com: Will not query passphrase for '/home/mike/.ssh/id_dsa' in
batch mode.
mydom.com: Loading private key failed.
svr1.mydom.com: Permission denied at testssh.pl line 46

Could someone shine some light on the cause? Thanks

root 16245 1624 0 22:28:31 ? 0:00 /usr/local/sbin/sshd -R

Jul 6 22:03:24 server1 genunix: [ID 603404 kern.notice] NOTICE:
core_log: sshd[11629] setid process, core not dumped:
/var/core/core.sshd.11629.server1.666.666.1152237804

more /usr/local/etc/sshd_config
# $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.73 2005/12/06 22:38:28 reyk Exp $

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file. See
# sshd_config(5) for more information.

# This sshd was compiled with
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with
# OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where
# possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a
# default value.

#Port 22
#Protocol 2,1
Protocol 2
#AddressFamily any
AddressFamily inet
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

# HostKey for protocol version 1
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
#KeyRegenerationInterval 1h
#ServerKeyBits 768

# Logging
# obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
#SyslogFacility AUTH
#LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:

#LoginGraceTime 2m
#PermitRootLogin yes
PermitRootLogin no
#StrictModes yes
#MaxAuthTries 6
MaxAuthTries 5

#RSAAuthentication yes
#PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys

# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/usr/local/etc/ssh_known_host
#RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
#HostbasedAuthentication no
# Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
#IgnoreRhosts yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
#PasswordAuthentication yes
PasswordAuthentication no
#PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Change to no to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

# Kerberos options
#KerberosAuthentication no
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#KerberosTicketCleanup yes
#KerberosGetAFSToken no

# GSSAPI options
#GSSAPIAuthentication no
#GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

# Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM authentication, account processing,
# and session processing. If this is enabled, PAM authentication will
# be allowed through the ChallengeResponseAuthentication mechanism.
# Depending on your PAM configuration, this may bypass the setting of
# PasswordAuthentication, PermitEmptyPasswords, and
# "PermitRootLogin without-password". If you just want the PAM account
and
# session checks to run without PAM authentication, then enable this
but set
# ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no
ChallengeResponseAuthentication=yes
#UsePAM no
UsePAM yes

#AllowTcpForwarding yes
AllowTcpForwarding no
#GatewayPorts no
#X11Forwarding no
X11Forwarding yes
#X11DisplayOffset 10
#X11UseLocalhost yes
#PrintMotd yes
PrintMotd no
#PrintLastLog yes
#TCPKeepAlive yes
#UseLogin no
#UsePrivilegeSeparation yes
#PermitUserEnvironment no
#Compression delayed
#ClientAliveInterval 0
#ClientAliveCountMax 3
#UseDNS yes
#PidFile /var/run/sshd.pid
#MaxStartups 10
#PermitTunnel no

# no default banner path
#Banner /some/path
Banner /etc/issue

# override default of no subsystems
Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server

  • Fwd: Re: zfs send/recv invalid data
    ... If I copy the stream it works, but piping through ssh does NOT. ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication, account processing, ... # the setting of "PermitRootLogin without-password". ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Fwd: Re: zfs send/recv invalid data
    ... If I copy the stream it works, but piping through ssh does NOT. ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication, account processing, ... # the setting of "PermitRootLogin without-password". ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
    ... Now, I want to be able to access it using SSH (PuTTY, most often) from anywhere in the world, and hence would like to enable password authentication in SSH again. ... Therefore, I used the same /etc/ssh/sshd_config as on my live server, where this works fine. ... I recall having had this issue before, and I *think* the resolution was to enable PAM authentication or so outside of /etc/ssh/sshd_config. ... # Kerberos options ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Simple Problem; Need Help Debugging
    ... my sshd server freezes up. ... # HostKey for protocol version 1 ... # Kerberos options ...
    (SSH)
  • Ssh issue: core not dumped: /var/core/core.sshd
    ... Solaris 8 server with OPENssh 4.3 p2. ... # Kerberos options ... If this is enabled, PAM authentication will ... # "PermitRootLogin without-password". ...
    (SSH)