Re: after solaris 8 restore on different server - openssh refuses to start: PRNG is not seeded
- From: Darren Tucker <dtucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 31 May 2006 07:46:20 GMT
On 2006-05-31, Tom V <tvanover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have restored a solaris 8 system on another server (same model),[...]
everything is fine, except that the ssh daemon refuses to start. It gives
the error 'PRNG is not seeded'.
While googling, i've found many references to the random device that
doesn't exist (it does on my server), or on a patch that would be
necessary, but as we're talking about a restore from a system where sshd
was working, i think i need to look in another direction ?
No, that's probably the problem. You need to install patch 112438-03 (*and
reboot*, if you haven't already).
If that's not it, make sure that /dev/random and friends exist and are
readable (on Solaris they're usually symlinks pointing to the real device
nodes under /devices someplace, so check these too).
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- Prev by Date: Re: Tunnel from AIX machine to WinXP machine?
- Next by Date: Re: sercure all
- Previous by thread: after solaris 8 restore on different server - openssh refuses to start: PRNG is not seeded
- Next by thread: Re: after solaris 8 restore on different server - openssh refuses to start: PRNG is not seeded